Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Craiger's 7th Birthday Breakfast & Dinner

Happy 7th Birthday to this cute kid!!!!  Can he possibly get any cuter?

For his birthday breakfast, Craiger chose Toaster Strudels (like his sister), pears, sausage links, & the Potter Family Birthday Ding Dong.


5:30 comes REALLY fast.  It's hard to wake up, but it's exciting when it's YOUR birthday.


Craiger was pretty excited.  He had waited patiently through his dad's birthday, & then both his sister's birthdays.  And now his day had finally come.


Cadence & Trek unfortunately were at seminary, so they couldn't make it to the birthday breakfast, but they were there in spirit.  We missed them. 

7 years old.  Man time flies.



Look at this face.  What's not to love.  I just want to squeeze it & kiss it off.  Craiger is such a sweet kid.  He is a joy, a literal ray of sunshine in our home.  I wouldn't trade him for the world.


After school we let him open his presents.  Trek & Cadence WERE there for that which made him happy.  He got some really fun SPACE stuff.

Mimi & Baba got him The Sandlot movie
& a lego space shuttle set.

Nancy got him a new coat, a space towel,
a space book, space flashcards, & a star wars
science kit.

Grandma Kinsfather sent him a cute card with $10.

And Opa & Oma sent him the Angry Birds Wii U game.

All the brothers & sisters got him a Sonic Wii U game.

And Trek & I decided to do an "experience" gift
this year for all the kids.  The girls are going
to the Piano Guys concert with me, & Craiger
gets to go on a date with just Trek & I to dinner
& to a movie of his choice with all the popcorn
& drinks he wants.

He also really really wanted a bendable snake
that he could paint himself?!?!?!  I actually found one.
How bizarre is that?

For his birthday dinner, Craiger chose homemade SPACE pasta mac & cheese, garlic bread, & apple spirals.


He was one happy kiddo.


But his favorite part of the whole meal?  The peels I spiraled OFF the apples.  My kids LOVE the peels for some weird reason.  What a cutie.


Happy birthday Craiger Man.  You are SO much fun.  We are lucky to have you as a part of our family.

Here is a little something I wrote about Craiger on Facebook:

Happy 7th Birthday to my little Craiger man. I cannot believe you are 7 years old already. It seems like yesterday that we were in Monterrey. Time flies when you’re having fun.
Here are 10 of the million reasons why I love my little Craiger man!

1. You are my snuggler. I love the way you climb up into my lap & snuggle your head into my neck & just lay there. It makes my heart sing.

2. You are determined. When you get your mind set on something, you do it. Nothing is impossible in your eyes. You make me proud.

3. Your freckles. YOUR FRECKLES. My goodness they’re adorable.

4. You aim to please. You try SO hard to make everyone happy. When I ask you to do something, you do it. When your teacher gives you a task, you do it 110%. You are responsible, reliable, & obedient. 

5. You are a sunshine. Nobody can be angry when you are in the room. Everyone is happy when you are around. Your joy is contagious.

6. You love music. You are becoming quite the piano player & though it’s hard at times, you push through & continue to improve every day. You love to listen to music with me & I can tell that music lives inside you. 

7. You are a good brother. You protects & look after all your siblings, even your sisters who are much older than you. You would do anything for them, even if it meant you didn’t get what you wanted.

8. You are compassionate. You find “the one” that needs a friend. You know when someone is upset & does what you can to fix it. You are a listener, a comforter, a friend.

9. Your smile! Craiger ALWAYS smiles. His smile is sometimes goofy & awkward, sometimes big, & sometimes small, but it’s ALWAYS genuine, & it lights my life.

10. You are mine & I wouldn’t trade you for anything in the entire world. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment