Thursday, September 8, 2016

1st Day of School

It's that time again.  I can't believe another school year is already starting.  And this year I have 
FIVE KIDS
in school.  Holy moly.  Only one at home.  How does that even happen?

Craiger is a Kindergartner this year.  How exciting is that?  He's been waiting 2 years to join his big brother at school.  He's been so excited & loves his new teacher Mrs. Fox.


Craiger Boone Potter
Age 5
Kindergarten
Mrs. Fox
Favorite Color: Dark Blue
What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up: A Dad



Bladen is excited to be the big brother at school.  He's in 2nd grade this year & he got the same teacher Taya had last year.  He LOVES math & can't wait for the new school year.


Bladen Maxwell Potter
Age 7
2nd Grade
Mrs. Valentine
Favorite Color: Orange
What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up:  A Scientist



Miss Taya is the big kid at the Elementary School now.  She also got a part in the school play.  She's excited to take on the world this year in 3rd grade.


Taya Ti'Ata Potter
Age 8
3rd Grade
Mrs. Fletcher-Perry
Favorite Color: Orange
What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up: Disneyland Cast Member (a girl after my own heart)



This is Cadence's last year in Middle School.  Next year she'll start High School & Early Morning Seminary.  She's a Web Leader at school & loves everything about school.  She even took an extra class after school this year: Journalism/Writing/Debate.


Cadence Cherry Potter
Age 13
8th Grade
Favorite Color: Pink & Teal
What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up: Oboeist & Chef



And my little Lorien isn't little anymore.  She's a middle schooler this year.  She's nervous, but excited to be out of the Elementary School & onto bigger & better things. 


Lorien Danielle Potter
Age 11
6th Grade
Favorite Color: Yellow
What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up: A Mom




My happy school aged kids.




I did cry dropping Craiger off in his Kindergarten class.  Why can't they stay little forever?  I love this kid so much.


And now it's just me & Canyon at home.  It's fun having some alone time with him.  He's such a cutie.  I don't know what I'm going to do when he starts school in a couple of years.  :-) 

Happy 1st Day of School everyone!!!


*PS - So. . . now that we've had school for a few weeks I want to add that the school pick-up schedule here is horrendous.  They really need busses here.  I leave my house at 1:30 to pick up Craiger at 2:00.  Kindergarten gets out earlier than all the other grades.  Then I drive to the middle school to pick up Lo at 2:55, back to the Elementary school to get Bladen at 3:10, back to the middle school to get Cadence at 3:50, & back to the elementary school at 4:20 to pick up Taya from play practice.  YIKES.  BUT . . . on the positive side, it's giving me time to read again.  I've forgotten how much I love books & it's really been years since I've read.  Now I'm reading 3-4 500+ page books a week which is AWESOME. 

No comments:

Post a Comment