Monday, February 29, 2016

Craiger's 5th Birthday Party - Star Wars

Craiger has been SO excited about his Star Wars birthday party for months now.  It was going to be a fun one.

I made light sabers out pool noodles & duct tape.  Each of the kids got to pick their own lightsaber & then drew buttons, screws, letters, pictures, etc on the handles of their light sabers to make them their own.


The birthday boy was VERY excited to have his friends over to play.


We also made some storm trooper balloons for our Jedi Academy training.  Once they got their light sabers, they had to go through an obstacle course & attack storm troopers, practice their light saber technique, do a bunch of somersaults . . . because . . . it looks cool.




And to end the Jedi training, each guest had to fight Darth Vader.





Craiger wanted cupcakes instead of a big cake this year which was fine by me.  Cupcakes are SUPER EASY compared to decorating a cake.  We made Darth Vader cupcakes with sprinkles, just the way he wanted them.





I can't believe Craiger is 5 already.  Where does the time go?  I sure do love this cuddly cutie pie.  He's always been my one & only "momma's boy."  I don't know what I'm going to do without him next year when he starts Kindergarten.  I love him so much.


Craiger chose a blue light saber & decorated it up himself.



I think the kids enjoyed the obstacle course the most.  I was getting a kick out of all the twists & twirls & somersaults!  So cute.



After the obstacle course, we played a game of Star Wars Memory (I forgot to take pics), the boys really loved that.  Those boys are SO smart.

Then we went to the table for some cake & ice cream.






Canyon especially loved the black chocolate frosting.


The final part of the Jedi Training was defeating Darth Vader himself.



Bladen managed to break the piƱata into a billion pieces.  Candy flew everywhere.  The kids were SO excited.




Finally, we came inside & opened presents.  Craiger has the cutest little friends here.





Happy Birthday little guy.  I hope your day was as special as you are to me.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment