Wednesday, December 2, 2015

It's Time

I'm still in shock over this move.  This was not supposed to happen & came so suddenly that I still am having a hard time realizing it's actually happening.  I'm really excited about moving back to the West Coast to be near family, but what I didn't expect was to fall so much in love with VA.

Our house was beautiful.  It was the first house we ever bought.  It was in the perfect neighborhood, in the perfect schools, in the perfect ward, with perfect friends.  I have never had such a difficult time leaving an area.

But, the moving truck had to come & it was time to say good-bye.  We were SO blessed to sell our house in less than a month.  I count my blessings every single day.  And it reassured me that CA is where our family is meant to be now.  Heavenly Father places us where we need to be & obviously we REALLY need to be in CA.

Moving day is always the hardest.  The kids don't like seeing all of their belongings packed up on a big truck.  The little ones just don't understand what is happening.


However, it is kind of funny to see what mysteries lie beneath the furniture.  Under Taya's bed was the worst.  I found a 3 year old twinkie under there.  THAT CHILD!!!!



Once everything was packed up, we had to move out of the house so that the new owners could move in.  We still had 10 days in VA so a dear friend let us move into her house for 10 days.

Each day I'd drive the kids to & from our old bus stop so they could have some normalcy for those last 10 days.  Both Bladen & Lorien finished out their last few soccer games just days before we left.  Lorien helped her team get to the semi-finals & I hear their team won the championship game a week after we moved.  Yay.  Lorien played an exceptional season in soccer.  This was Bladen's first season playing & by the end he was finally picking up on all the rules.  He was so cute out there.  We're going to miss the soccer program in VA.  Its was SO good.


No comments:

Post a Comment