Wednesday, July 29, 2015

4th of July Parade

I love the 4th of July.  I've always loved the 4th of July.

#1: There's always an amazing parade.
#2: It's when we celebrate my birthday.
#3: We're a military family so celebrating America brings tears to my eyes
#4: Fireworks!!!!!!

Oh how I've missed the Provo, UT Freedom Festival parade.  There just aren't parades like that where we've lived in the military.  Provo knows how to celebrate America.  Trek & Justin woke up at the crack of dawn & went downtown to find us a perfect spot for the parade.  They sat for several hours & waited for us to show up.  They were troopers.

The parade started at 9 & the kids were SO excited.  This was the first time Canyon & Craiger have ever been to a parade so it was quite magical for them.




The kids loved all the free hats, shirts, candy, & stuff everyone kept throwing at them.  ha ha ha.


Every year after the parade, we celebrate my birthday.  I don't know why that is, but we've done it ever since I was a little kid.  When I was younger I thought all the 4th of July celebrations were for me.  (Talk about a spoiled kid. ha ha ha)  

We have always gone to Los Hermanos for my birthday dinner.  It's a cute little Mexcian food restaurant there in Provo & it's been around forever.  We love it & it's tradition.  Even when I'm not in UT over the 4th, my family goes there to celebrate my birthday without me.  It's the best.

I even got to wear a birthday sombrero & eat fried ice cream which is my favorite.


After all the many festivities, we walked around the craft booths for a while, then went home & took long naps.  That sunshine will wear you out.  Then once it got dark we lit up the sky with some crazy fun fireworks.  The 4th of July is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment