Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Cadence's Band Concert

It was SO exciting to watch Cadence perform in her 6th grade band concert.  Not only was she the only oboe player, but her band teacher actually wrote the school song this year & made sure it had an oboe solo for her.  She was SO nervous & excited at the same time.



Being a music teacher myself, I was SO very proud watching my little girl walk up on that stage with her oboe.  I'm very proud of how much hard work & dedicated practices Cadence had with her oboe this year.  She has grown leaps & bounds.


I could tell she was really nervous about her solo, but I knew she'd do great.




The band played two songs:
"It Came from Outer Space"
&
"Westside Elementary March."

Cadence did fantastic on both songs.  They both sounded really good.


Cadence even got to stand up & take a bow for her little solo in the Westside March.  She did such an amazing job.  I was SO proud of her.



Mr. Syrell has been a great band teacher for her this year.  She is going to miss him when she moves on to the middle school next year.  Luckily, Lorien will have him next year in 5th grade band.  She's looking forward to it.


It was a great music year for Cadence this year.  We are very proud of her.



No comments:

Post a Comment