Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Vacation Day 2: Beach & Nancy

So for day #2 of our CA vacation we drove down to Grandma Kinsfather's house in Redondo Beach to get some beach time in while we were there.  Trek & his family stayed all day at the beach while I went to visit my friend, Nancy.  Nancy is our family's "fairy godmother" & has been since I was 17 years old when I met her on an airplane ride when I worked for Disney.  We became fast friends & the rest is history.  She has adopted our family as her own & so I was excited to spend an entire day alone with her shopping & having a great time.

The family had a great time at Grandma's house playing, dying eggs, doing genealogy, & playing on the beach.


Grandma Kinsfather loves her great-grandbabies SO much.  I wish we lived closer so we could see her more often.  I love her so much.  She likes to email me & I love emailing her back.  She is such a sweetheart.


It was the perfect day for the beach.  The sun was hidden behind clouds & it wasn't overly hot.  The water was warm, the sand was beautiful, & the beach was almost empty.  It was perfect.


There were several dolphins out & close to the beach too.  The kids had fun calling out to them & tried to get pictures of them when they'd pop their fins out of the water.




My girls have always been ocean lovers.  They absolutely LOVE jumping in the water & letting the waves crash on them.  They have NO FEAR. . . unlike me.









Opa even got Bladen to step into the water & play.  Bladen has had a harder time warming up to water.  Thanks to Opa, I think he really enjoyed himself this time.




Craiger stayed out of the water & hung out with his Auntie Carolyn the whole time.  I really miss living near family.  We don't get to see each other often enough.  This vacation is just what we needed right now.


And this little munchkin LOVED playing in the sand.  He was all giggles & smiles the entire day.


After enjoying some fun in the sun, the kids came inside to dye Easter Eggs.  Auntie Marc flew in right about this time & came to visit as well.  We lived SO close to Auntie when we were in Monterey.  Oh how we miss her!!!


Though I missed out on the beach fun, I had a blast with Nancy.  She is such an angel & wound up buying me an entire summer wardrobe with 6 pairs of pants, 9 shirts, & 3 pairs of shoes.  She always spoils me rotten.  We had a great time catching up & chatting about life.  I miss our visits.  But I am VERY happy I got to spend that full day with her.

After we were completely worn out, we headed home (2.5 hours in LA traffic, ugh) & picked up some Tito's Tacos on the way.  Titos is a hole in the wall Mexican joint under the freeway by LAX.  We've eaten there for years & it's now a Potter tradition.  We ate & ate & ate & ate & ate until we were all sick.  It was PERFECT.


No comments:

Post a Comment