Monday, March 17, 2014

Trek's Be-lated Birthday Celebrations

Trek was so sweet coming home.  He was supposed to come home on Saturday, March 8th.   The kids were counting down the days & were SO excited to have daddy home again.  He drove to AL so he would be driving home which would be a 12+ hour drive.  I told them NOT to expect daddy home until after dinner on Saturday night.

On Friday I called him & asked how his graduation was going.  They graduated at 4:00 pm down there & then he was taking off to stay the night in Atlanta so he could be home earlier on Saturday.  Well, I get a phone call at 11:45 pm Friday night from Trek.  It woke me up & I panicked thinking something had happened at the hotel.  All he said was 
"Open the front door"
& then hung up.  I ran down the stairs half way asleep & ripped the front door open as fast as I could.  There was my sweetheart standing there in front of me.  Oh how I missed him.  It was only 2 months, but 2 months is a LONG time.  I was so happy.  I felt whole again.

So on Sunday we had planned a re-birthday party for him to make up for the birthday we all missed while he was gone TDY.  We woke him up early & surprised him with a birthday breakfast!


I made his favorite:
Biscuits & Gravy, Bacon, & a Potter Ding Dong.



I can't believe my hubby is 35 years old.  Where does the time go?  Are we really THAT old?
ha ha ha. . . I still have a few years before I hit 35.


We went to church together as a full family (which was heaven for me) & then after church I made Trek his birthday dinner:

Olive Garden Fettachini Alfredo, Breadsticks, & Strawberry Spinach Salad.
 

After dinner we surprised Trek with the presents we bought back in January.  We've had them hidden in my closet for 2 months now just waiting for him to come home.  He was really surprised.

Cadence got him a Dr. Who Tardis bobble head for his
computer at work.  Cute huh?

Lorien bought him a calendar because it had the word
"TREK" on it.  :-)

And the whole family bought him an edger for the lawn.
He's been wanting one really bad after doing it by hand
all last year.  It will save both of us time when we're making
the lawn nice this summer.

After presents, we went back into the dining room & celebrated with cake!  Since he came home a day early, he watched me make the cake on Saturday. . . something I originally planned to do while he was driving home.  So that part wasn't a surprise to him. . . but he thought it was a welcome home cake & not a Happy Birthday cake.


Wow Trek.  35 is a LOT of candles.



Hurry, blow them out before you start a fire!


For the inside of this cake, I attempted a tie dye rainbow cake.  It was fun & everybody got surprised when we cut into it.  I'll have to make this one again.  Everybody loved it.



Happy late birthday Trekkie.  We love you & missed you terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment