Monday, March 17, 2014

Dr. Suess Week & Book Character Day

My girls' schools always do something fun for Dr. Suess week.  This year Lorien & Taya's school did a "dress up like a hobby you enjoy" day where both girls put on aprons & chef hats & were "cooks" for the day.  They seemed to enjoy that.


Then at Cadence's school they did an actual Book Character Day.
Cadence decided to dress up like Aphrodite from the Goddess Girls book series.  She did the costume all by herself by draping a blanket & some of my fabric around her clothes to make it look like goddess robes.  She added flowers to dress it up even more.


She asked me to braid pink ribbon through her hair in a roman sort of way.
I did the best I could.  ha ha ha.


Then she asked me to put mascara on her eyelashes.  I didn't want to because she's still so young, but morbid curiosity got the better of me & I wanted to see how long her lashes really were because they're so blond & see-through.  Holy WOW.  She's got gorgeous Potter lashes like her dad.  I wish my lashes were that full & beautiful.  The mascara bothered her, so she washed it off as soon as she got to school which makes me laugh, but it was fun seeing how long they really were.


It turned out to be such a fun week for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment