Wednesday, January 1, 2014


Bladen (4 years old) woke me up early this morning by putting his hand on my face & saying 

"Mommy, Mommy, I made breakfast for the family.  Come & eat the toast I made." 

He proceded to wake up the rest of the family & was THRILLED to "feed" us his toast.  The kitchen was a disaster.  Bread was open & hanging off the counter, bread slices were carefully laid all over the counter & kitchen tables, & each piece of bread had 1/4 a bottle of pure cinnamon dumped on top. There was a stool next to the stove where he had climbed up & searched my spice cupboard for the cinnamon.  Bless his little heart.  

We all sat down & forced our "toast"
(aka flaming hot cinnamon bread)
down & thanked him for thinking of us. He was SO proud!  Later this morning I pulled him up to the counter on a stool & REALLY taught him how to make cinnamon toast & showed him how to work the toaster, how to butter the toast, & I let him taste the difference between cinnamon & cinnamon/sugar.  He's SO excited to try to make "real" toast for us again tomorrow.  I love my kids. Seeing him want to do things for us & for his 4 year old self to have the initiative to try something like this on his own really makes me proud.  I love you Blade.




No comments:

Post a Comment