Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pumpkin Hot Pockets & Vampire Teeth


So I totally forgot to post my dinner from last night.  What a slacker!

Last night I made:
PUMPKIN HOT POCKETS
& VAMPIRE TEETH
(which looked more like hillbilly teeth, but whatever works right?)

For the Pumpkin Hot Pockets I just bought the refrigerated pie dough (or you can make your own).  Use a pumpkin cookie cutter to cut several pumpkins.  Make sure you have 2 cut outs for each pocket.  You can fill your pockets with anything you family likes.  Last night I did honey mustard with garlic chicken & provolone cheese.  Every year it seems to be something different.  After you fill one side of your pumpkin, put the 2nd piece on top & seal around the edge with a fork.  Next I get 2 tiny bowls & crack an egg white into each. . . egg WHITE. . . no yolk.  Add food coloring to the egg whites to make one orange bowl & one green bowl.  Brush the colored egg wash over your pumpkins to give them color & to make them bake into a nice flaky crispy crust.  Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes.

The Vampire Teeth are just apple slices with peanut butter & marshmallows.  Easy!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment