Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Jack-o-Lantern BBQ Pork Sandwiches & Frankenstein Fingers


Jack-o-Lantern BBQ Pork Sandwiches
& Frankenstein Fingers


Once I month I buy a 5-6 pound pork roast & slow cook it in a crock pot for 12+ hours.  Just throw in your roast, add some salt & pepper, & then top with 5 Tablespoons of liquid smoke.  Let it cook on low for 12 or more hours & what you'll have is a heavenly smelling house & a crock pot FULL of fabulous shredded pork.  You don't need to season it after that.  It's amazing on sandwiches & tacos, I use it in soups & stews, really the possibilities are endless.  We LOVE it on tacos.  It makes a ton, so I separate it into quart size bags & put the extras in the freezer.  Then I use them all month long for quick dinners.

So for this dinner, I pulled some of my precooked pork out, added some BBQ sauce & slapped it on a bun.  I had some colby cheese slices that I carved pumpkin faces into & voila.  You have a dinner that's HAPPY to see you.

For the Frankenstein fingers, you just spread some peanut butter on celery sticks & add a raisin for the fingernail.  My kids LOVE these.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment