Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Red, White, & Blue

I love the 4th of July!  I just do.  When I was a kid I actually believed that the entire country was celebrating MY BIRTHDAY.
The parade was for ME. . . & after the parade we'd go eat at MY favorite restaurant for MY birthday dinner.  At night they had a big celebration called The Stadium of Fire & they shot off fireworks for ME.  Yup, I was a self-centered little girl without a clue.  ha ha ha.

The 4th of July is NOT my birthday. . . it's July 6th, but my sweet parents let me celebrate all weekend long as a kid.  The 4th of July is special to me because it reminds me how much my family loves me.

It's also my country's birthday.  I am PROUD to be an American & I am married to my hero, Trek Potter, a Captain in the United States Air Force.  I'm PROUD to wear red, white, & blue & I'm PROUD to be FREE.

The Sunday before the 4th of July I always dress the family up in beautiful reds, whites, & blues in celebration of our country's birthday.  This year was no different.  I even got red bow ties for the boys.  It was DARLING.




How cute this this kid?

My Handsome Boys!

My Beautiful Girls

My Beautiful Family
 


Happy Birthday America.

No comments:

Post a Comment