Monday, February 11, 2013

Cadence's 10th Birthday Party - Movie Night

Cadence had a GREAT party for her 10th birthday.  She chose the theme:
MOVIE NIGHT

With my & my love of Hollywood, this one was a DREAM to do.

The goody bags:
Star Bags with little Oscar statuettes, a directors keychain,
& lots of black, gold, & red candy.

I asked Cadence what she wanted me to do for a cake this year & she simply wanted my Reese's Peanut Butter Fudge cake.  I was surprised she didn't want anything shaped like a movie or fancy, just my peanut butter cake. . . round & decorated very minimally.  I was TOTALLY on board with that.  I'll take EASY any day.


And just because EVERYBODY has been asking for the recipe. . . here it is:
#1: Make 2 boxes of your favorite chocolate cake mix.  I used Duncan Hines Fudge cake mix.  Each box makes two 8 inch round cakes so if you do 2 boxes, you'll have 4 cakes.  Let them cool & slice the puffy top off of each of them so they are flat, even cakes.
#2: USE JIF PEANUT BUTTER.  Nothing else compares for this recipe.  Stack all 4 cakes on top of each other with a generous layer of JIF peanut butter between each layer.
#3: Make AWESOME peanut butter frosting:
2 cups peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
10 Tablespoons of softened butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream

Beat the first 5 ingredients until creamy.  Add the whipping cream & beat on high until fluffy & yummy.
#4: Frost your cake with the peanut butter frosting any way you desire.
#5: Cut up Reese's peanut butter cups & put all over the top of your cake.  Drizzle with Hershey's chocolate syrup!  

Voila!  Peanut Butter deliciousness!

Hollywood Movie Table Settings

I decorated the living room to be like a little movie theater for the girls.  Cadence wanted to watch "The Princess Diaries 2" so I wanted to make it all cute inside.


We even had a concession stand.


The concession stand was my favorite part of the party.  I had a BLAST putting it together.  In the invitations we handed out to the girls, we included 3 tickets they had to bring to the party.  One was good for candy, one was good for soda, & one was good for popcorn.  It got the guests excited for the party & it was just plain fun for me.

Taya was our Candy lady.  She said:
"Welcome to Candy Land.  What kind of candy would you
like?  Ticket please. . . "
 
Lorien was the Pop Shop.  "Welcome to the Pop Shop.
What can I get you?"

And Trekkie was the best daddy in the world running the
popcorn stand.  "Welcome to Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree.
What topping would you like on your popcorn?  Butter or
Nacho Cheese Flavor?"

And you can't have a Hollywood party without a red carpet right?  We had a red carpet leading from the front door to the table.  The girls LOVED that.


Movie Star FUN.


The Birthday Girl


When the girls arrived we ate pizza, pop, & fruit until we thought we'd burst.  We found a great little pizza shop just around the corner from us & their food was FABULOUS.  We'll definitely be going back soon.


 
Craiger is my pizza addict.  That kid could eat
pizza for every meal & be happy.

Silly girls having fun.
 
Time for CAKE.


I have to admit.  This cake was GOOD.

After pigging out on pizza, fruit, cake, & ice cream, it was time to go to the "theater" to watch our movie.



During the movie, the girls could get up & visit the concession stand as needed.  As if all the other junk food wasn't enough. . . we stuffed them with boxes of candy, more pop, & TONS of popcorn.



After "Princess Diaries 2" was over, it was time to open presents.  Cadence got all sorts of fun things from her friends.  It's funny seeing how she's growing up.  No more toys. . . just things a tween would love like money, jewelry, hair accessories, & chocolate.  My baby girl is growing up.







We had a blast.  It was such a simple party compared to many others I've done, but it was perfect.  Cadence loved it & that's what matters most.  I had a blast.

Happy Birthday My Darling Angel Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment