Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Christmas Comes Early

So we told the kids that Trek would probably be coming home on Christmas Eve.  They were bummed it was so close to Christmas, but better that then him not being here at all.

Then we found out that he could come home on the 21st but decided NOT to tell the kids.  He got in SUPER late that night (at 1 am actually) so we got home & slept the best we could.  Then at 5 the next morning we woke up & put Trek in a HUGE box & wrapped it like a present.  We put him in front of the Christmas tree where he glistened & gleamed like a big Christmas gift.

I got the kids up & told them to hurry downstairs.  I told them I was just too excited about one of their presents & that I wanted them to open it just a few days early.  They were SO excited!  They started ripping into the paper & as soon as they got to the box, Trek popped out & they all started screaming & crying in excitement.  It was by far one of the best moments of my life.  I will never forget the looks on their faces & I doubt any of them will ever forget that moment.







No comments:

Post a Comment