Monday, October 8, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup Jack-o-Lantern Pot Pie

I love Sunday Dinners.  I love to make things that are warm & comforting. . . I don't know.  Sunday dinners were always special at my house growing up so I like to make hearty food on Sundays.

Tonight I made my family's favorite chicken noodle soup recipe with a Halloween twist.
Chicken Noodle Soup Jack-o-Lantern Pot Pie


Just make your family's favorite chicken noodle soup recipe for the base of your pot pie.  Here is the recipe to my favorite.  It's the Lion House recipe.  My friend gave it to me last year & it's FABULOUS

Lion House Chicken Noodle Soup:
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups chopped carrots
2 cups chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup evaporated milk
2 cups COOKED chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
4 cups COOKED egg noodle pasta

Heat the chicken broth & bouillon.  Add veggies & cook until nice & tender.  Add the cans of soup & the evaporated milk.  Mix well.  Heat until bubbly.  Add noodles & chicken & heat through.  

It's not your typical chicken noodle soup.  It's thick & creamy & delicious.


Next, get a refrigerated pie crust & cut a jack-o-lantern face into it.


Put your soup into a ROUND pan (my mom didn't have a round pan, so I had to use a rectangle roasting pan).  Then put your jack-o-lantern face on top of the soup.


Bake at 425 for about 15-20 minutes until your crust gets nice & brown.  ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment