Monday, October 3, 2011

A visit from Mimi, Baba, & Mamoo

I just love spending time with family. We were SO BLESSED to have my mom & dad & my Grandma Cherry fly out here to Monterey to visit for a week & a half. This was my grandmother's first time meeting Craiger. I loved the moment she held him for the very first time.


I love being with my mom because SHE'S MY MOM!! I love her dearly & I love being with her. Being military, we live far away from our family so I really love those visits we get with my family. My kids know that as soon as Mimi walks through that door, presents await them. (Spoiled little kids. . . my mom tells me that SOMEDAY I'd understand.)


Cadence & Lorien got craft sets & Taya got some Squinkies. Bladen got a car & Craiger a new book. They spent HOURS playing with their new found treasures.


But the thing they love most is hugging on their Mimi, Baba, & Mamoo. They love their grandparents SO much.


One thing I LOVE TO DO when my parents are around is cook. I've been cooking since I was a very young girl. My Grandma Cherry taught me everything I know. I LOVE to cook for her now as a thank you for all she taught me over the years. I REALLY enjoy cooking for people so I couldn't wait to make dinner & treats for my parents. My dad always CRAVES my homemade granola, so that was the first thing I made when he arrived. And for my mom & grandma I baked 4 loaves of homemade bread. Bread is my mom's favorite. It was SO MUCH FUN baking with them.



We spent most of their vacation on a trip to San Francisco (more blog posts to come), but it was nice spending time here at home enjoying life. I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment