Monday, October 24, 2011

Taquito Snakes


This recipe is a new one at our house & it's FABULOUS! It's made out of TONS of freeze dried food from Shelf Reliance (I'm a consultant for them). You can make it with fresh ingredients too, but it was just nice to whip out a few cans from my pantry & have a home cooked meal in 20 minutes tonight. Plus it tastes WONDERFUL!

Taquito Snakes:

6 oz. cream cheese
1 can diced green chilies
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup chopped onion (I used Freeze Dried onions)
2 Tablespoons chopped red & green peppers (I used Freeze Dried peppers)
1/2 cup spinach (I used Freeze Dried spinach)
1 3/4 cup chopped chicken (I used Freeze Dried Chicken)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used Freeze Dried Cheese)
Salt & pepper to taste
Tortillas

Heat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil & lightly coat with cooking spray.

Next I reconstituted my onions, spinach, bell peppers, chicken, & cheese by putting it all in water for 10 minutes to rehydrate. If you're using fresh ingredients instead of the freeze dried you're going to want to cook your onions, chicken, peppers, & spinach together until they are well done.


Mix the 1st six ingredients together until creamy.


Drain the meat mixture & then mix it with the cream cheese mixture. Add salt & pepper to taste.


Place 3 tablespoons of the mixture on the lower 3rd of a tortilla, keeping it about 1/2 inch from the edges.


Roll up as tight as you can & place the taquitos seam side down on the baking sheet. Spray the tops with cooking spray & sprinkle with some salt. Bake for 12-18 minutes or until they are crisp.


To make my taquitos SNAKELIKE I cut some slices of cheddar cheese into SNAKE TONGUES.


Then I added some sour cream & olives for eyes.


And that's how you make SNAKE TAQUITOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment