Monday, October 10, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes & Ghost Bananas


I actually cheated today. I knew I was going to a fireside (Sister Beck in PERSON) tonight, so I made my Halloween "dinner" for breakfast so that I could skip dinner & get a good seat for the fireside. (I got a great seat by the way.) But this is a simple one for breakfast or dinner. My kids LOVE pumpkin pancakes!

Pumpkin Pancakes & Ghost Bananas:

3 cups Milk
2 cups Pumpkin
2 Eggs
1/4 cup Oil
1/4 cup Vinegar
4 cups Flour
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ginger
1 teaspoon Salt
Chocolate Chips

Mix the 1st 5 ingredients (wet ingredients) together. In a separate bowl mix the rest of the ingredients (dry ingredients) together. Mix the wet & dry ingredients together. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow the baking soda & powder to make the dough light & fluffy.


Make pancakes. (I used 1/3 cup of mix for each pancake.)


While your pancakes are still hot, add chocolate chips for your pumpkin eyes, nose, & mouth. For your ghost, use half a banana & add chocolate chips for eyes. SUPER EASY.

This recipe makes a bazillion pancakes (about 24). My family of 7 eats them ALL but if you have a smaller family that doesn't eat like a herd of cattle, I'd cut the recipe in half. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment