Monday, October 3, 2011

Pumpkin Grilled Cheese & Blood Swamp Creature Soup


October 2nd: Day 2 of "The Potter Halloween Dinner Spooktacular"
Pumpkin Grilled Cheese & Blood Swamp Creature Soup

Basically it's grilled cheese & tomato soup (but don't tell the kids that!)

Using a pumpkin cookie cutter, cut all the bread for your grilled cheese sandwiches.


The hardest part of the whole recipe is cutting the faces into the top pieces of bread. I cut them with a sharp knife & they turned out okay, but not fantastic. I wish they made mini cookie cutters for pumpkin faces. It would make this a LOT easier.


Next cut your cheese with your cookie cutter as well so that it fits well onto your sandwiches.


Assemble your sandwiches in whatever way you like to make grilled cheese. I like to put a little bit of butter & sugar inside mine.
(I know, I'm weird, but I grew up putting sugar on my grilled cheese & it's a habit I can't break.)


Then grill your grilled cheese pumpkins on your griddle. SUPER EASY.


For your Blood Swamp Creature Soup, just make your favorite tomato soup (I use Campbells Condensed Soup) like normal. Then add 2 scoops of sour cream for the eyes. I added corn for the pupils. I usually used sliced olives, but I was out. Oh well, the corn worked fine. I also used green & red bell peppers for the mouth. ENJOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment