Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mummy Dogs


Hello OCTOBER! Oh how I've missed thee. Halloween is my favorite time of year & one of our family's favorite October traditions is Halloween Dinners. Every night for the month of October I make the kids a fun Halloween inspired dinner. They LOVE it & I LOVE it. It's SO fun to get creative with food. I will be posted all my ideas & recipes on this blog every night (if I can find time) so check it often if you'd like some ideas for Halloween dinners. Enjoy!

For October 1st we did the kids' classic Halloween fun meal:

Mummy Dogs

This one is SUPER simple & the little ones LOVE IT. All you need is a can of refrigerated breadstick dough & a couple packages of hot dogs.


Lorien LOVES to cook, so she always looks forward to helping me with my Halloween dinners. We have lots of fun "mummy"/daughter time making dinners.

Stretch your breadstick dough as far as you can without it breaking.


Then wrap it around your hot dog like a mummy. Leave a small opening near the top for the mummy's face, but that's it. SUPER SIMPLE.


Place your mummies on a greased baking sheet & bake them at 375 degrees for about 13 minutes, until they are slightly browned.


Using a toothpick, add mustard dots for the eyes of your mummy. And that's it. You' have a
"SPOOKTACULAR" dinner for the kids.


Lorien is hilarious. She took the ketchup & mustard & added
"BLOOD" & "GUTS"
to her mummies.


Happy October Everybody! Happy Eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment