Friday, October 14, 2011

Chili & Spider Bread


Okay, so normally I go all out & make awesome chili from scratch on this one, but it was sunny outside, the kids are on fall break, I HAD to spend the afternoon outside with my kids. I didn't want to take that away from them today so I could sit & slave in the kitchen for a few hours making chili. So I apologize for not posting some awesome chili recipe made from scratch, but sometimes it's better to bust open a good ole' can of chili if it means more time with your kids.
We had a GREAT afternoon full of sunshine & smiles!

Chili & Spider Bread:

2 packages of refrigerated Breadstick Dough
? cans of Chili [we used 3] or your favorite made from scratch recipe
garnishes like sour cream, cheese, onions, etc.

First thing you're going to do is open the breadstick dough & separate all the breadstick pieces. Take one full breadstick & roll it up into a ball for the spider's body. I made 8 spiders tonight so I rolled up 8 breadsticks into balls.


Cut the remaining breadsticks into 4 pieces per breadstick. These are going to be your spider's legs.


Roll each of these little pieces into long logs & attach them to your spider's bodies. You can have 6 legs or 8 legs depending on how big your want your spiders to be.


Bake for 13-15 minutes & voila! You have spider bread!


Dish up your chili into a bowl with all the fixings & place your spider on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment