Monday, March 7, 2011

Going Home from the Hospital


Tuesday morning, we woke up bright & early at 5:00. . . like I normally do & I spent more alone time with my new little guy. The doctors came in to check on us & told us that we could go home today if we wanted to. I was SO READY to be home again (even though it hadn't even been a full 24 hours since birth.) They took Craiger in & did his circumcision (which he slept through!!!!) & then brought him back to me. I can't believe he slept through that. He's such a mild mannered baby. Then they did his PKU test (2 sharp thumbtacks to the heel) & he slept through that as well. After that they watched him for 2 hours to make sure there weren't any problems with the circumcision, & they they let us go home.


I had fun dressing him up in his "going home" outfit (aka the only preemie outfit I have) & then got him all comfortable in his new carseat.








The hospital insists that new mom's be taken to their cars via wheelchair (so lame) so they put me in a chair & started to wheel me out. The look on Bladen's face was priceless. He looked confused & then full on concerned. He started to cry & reached his arms out for his mommy. He thought they were taking me away from him. It melted my entire being to see him like this. I reached out & snatched him up into my arms immediately & he got to "ride" in the wheelchair with me to the car. Daddy carried Craiger. It was heaven to have Bladen that loving. . . he's usually more of a daddy's boy. We hopped into the car & went home right around noon. It was good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment