Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cadence's Birthday Breakfast!

Since I didn't go to bed, I got up really early & got ready before the girls got up. Then I went downstairs to start Cadence's Birthday Breakfast. She wanted to have birthday breakfast with her friends this year so I thought that would be really fun. I made bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, all sorts of fruit, & pancakes. But I think the girls' favorite part was the "Ding Dong" with a lit candle in it. They were SO excited to eat a chocolate cupcake for breakfast & for the fact that they got to blow out a candle just like the birthday girl.




Of course we had to get our traditional "how many years old" picture. Cadence held up 8 fingers while all her friends crowded around her at the breakfast table.


And we had to do a silly one. . . because we HAD to!


After breakfast, I sat down with each of the girls & painted each of their fingernails. I even put little white flowers with diamonds on their thumbs to give added oomph! They LOVED it! While we took turns doing fingernails, I had each of them make a slumber party picture frame craft which they loved as well. I love how little girls LOVE crafts. I don't know what I'm going to do when my boys start having parties. . . climb trees? ha ha ha.


At 10:00, all the parents came & picked their girls up. I was completely exhausted! But what a FUN party!!! I'm so glad we were able to pull it off! Happy 8th Birthday Cadence! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment