Sunday, December 5, 2010

Black Friday

I love that we actually got to sleep in on Black Friday. There were lots of Aunties & Uncles who WANTED to get up with the kids, so we got to sleep in until about 7:00 which is 2 hours later than we usually get up. It was WONDERFUL!!!

We took our time getting ready for the day & then met my mom, dad, Cari, Justin, & Korbyn at a nearby mall for lunch, shopping, & Santa Claus. We didn't buy much (just an ornament for the tree), but everybody else got a lot of shopping done. (I always get my Christmas shopping done well before Thanksgiving!) But it's fun walking around the mall with all the Christmas decorations & Christmas music playing. It's such a fun atmosphere.

The kids were getting bored so Auntie Tarrish promised them a treat if they continued to be good. She took them to the candy shop & came back with HUGE suckers. The kid were SO SO SO happy. I just laughed. I knew a big mess was coming, but I like to let the Auntie's spoil them. It's fun for everyone.


Then we let the grandkids all go meet Santa Claus. This was the first year that Lorien & Taya didn't freak out on Santa's lap. They were both THRILLED to tell him what they wanted for Christmas this year. Bladen was the one that freaked out, but it made a cute picture. I also love Korbyn's "mug shot" face in the pic. What an adorable picture for years to come right?


We said good-bye to my family & left for Talon's house again to rest the rest of the day. On the way home, Taya fell asleep while still eating her sucker (yes, here's the big mess story). Of course the sucker made it's way into her hair & shirt the whole ride home. When we got back to Talon's house I carefully unstuck the sucker & grabbed it so that it didn't make a bigger mess. Then I woke Taya up. Her eyes were still half way closed & she put her fist up to her mouth & started licking the air. It was the CUTEST thing I've ever seen. It was like she knew she had a sucker when she fell asleep & she was just picking up where she left off. She did this for about a minute before she fully woke up & realized I had taken her sucker from her. Then there were screams of anger. I gave it back to her & she went inside & ate the entire thing for the following 2 hours. Little pill! She ate THE WHOLE THING!! Don't ever get in the way of Taya & a good sucker! ha ha ha.

Once everybody made it home, they watched the kids while Trek & I had a little mini-date which was HEAVEN!! We were only gone for about an hour, but it was a wonderful hour! I love my sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment